Seems like no one can escape controversy like the Carter family! Jay Z and Beyonce have released a mini-trailer to possibly promote their upcoming tour, video, or actual mini movie which features the likes of Sean Penn, Don Cheadle, Guillermo Diaz, Emmy Rossum, Jake Gyllenhaal,Blake Lively, Rashida Jones, and Kidada Jones. The trailer see’s the married couple live out a “Bonnie and Clyde” kind of lifestyle, holding each other down against all odds. This couldn’t have been perfect timing as this film was filmed months ago. It seems to prove that no matter what people say they can kill all the negativity by getting back to the creative side and showing us the reason why they are loved so much. Get into the mesmerizing clip below:
It seems that since Monday morning, where elevator footage of Solange attacking Jay Z surfaced the world has been entranced by the family drama that is the Knowles-Carter family. This headline was so huge that we didn’t hear to much about our Black girls missing….?? or other important worldly news. However, I hope we can all put our theories to rest about what we think happened, I’ve heard some interesting stuff…But I can’t help to think what about if that was our family and private issues among family became public for everyone to speculate or judge the situation? At the end of the day even though they are the mega superstars that they are, they’re still human and have to answer to God just like everyone else. So with all the hoopla and distraction they have conjointly released a statement that suggest we should all move on as they already have. Read the statement below:
Via Associated Press
NEW YORK (AP) — Jay Z, Beyonce and Solange say “families have problems and we’re no different” after a video leaked of Beyonce’s sister attacking the rap mogul in a hotel elevator.
In an exclusive statement to The Associated Press on Thursday, the trio said they have worked through their differences and moved on since a video emerged this week showing Solange kicking Jay Z as Beyonce looked on.
“As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it,” the statement said. “Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family.”
It was the first comment the performers had made since the website TMZ posted the three-minute video on Monday, saying it was shot last week inside the Standard Hotel in New York City. The video, which does not have audio, appears to show Solange attacking Jay Z in Beyonce’s presence; a security guard intervenes. The footage shows the performers in the outfits they wore to the Met Gala.
“The reports of Solange being intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior throughout that evening are simply false,” the statement continued. “At the end of the day families have problems and we’re no different. We love each other and above all we are family. We’ve put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same.”
The hotel said Wednesday it had fired the person who recorded the video.
Beyonce and Jay Z were married in 2008.