Toya Confirms Reunion Show Rumors (Video)

Last week rumors swirled that Love and Hip Hop producer Mona Scott-Young was trying to get Memphitz on the Love and Hip Hop Atlanta reunion show to confront K. Michelle about claims he abused her and stole money from her recording contract.  Memphitz’ wife Toya confirms the rumors and explains why she told Memphitz not to go on the show.

Toya tells Talking with Tami,

“[K. Michelle has] all these false allegations with no proof! Mona Scott called [Memphitz] to come be a part of the show and I told him don’t feed into that. Do what you have to do. Get your attorney involved…[K. Michelle] has no story line…You are her storyline…Like, why would we be a part of that? Mona called him to be on the reunion. No! We’re not going to help you get ratings.”

Drake Chris Brown Cat Fight Continues

Drake just released a new single called ‘Enough Said’ featuring vocals from the late Aaliyah and used the opportunity to shade the living day lights out of Chris Brown’s low record sales for his latest cd Fortune.

On one of the hooks Drake spits,

“Running through the city with n***as I’d give a kidney/ Selling under 150 you n***as got to be kidding/ Is this even still a discussion?/ Don’t you ever wake up disgusted?”

Obvious reference to Fortunes first week sales of around 135,000.

Aayliah’s Brother Quickly Shuts Down Album Rumors

Taking to Aaliyah’s official Facebook pageRashad Haughton, Aaliyah’s brother wrote:

“there is no official album being released and supported by the Haughton family.” -Rashad Haughton (regarding upcoming album release rumors).

There has been speculation ever since Drake said he planned on producing an Aaliyah album.  Timbaland aslo responded, saying that if he and Missy Elliot aren’t involved, there could never be another Aaliyah album.

New Music: Aaliyah f/ Drake – ‘Enough Said’

 To hear Aaliyah’s voice again over a track is refreshing, however bittersweet.  I was head over heels, gone over Aaliyah!!  When she passed, like everyone else I was devastated.  Aaliyah was on her way straight to the top, and it was no stopping her.  There have been years of talk about unreleased music that was supposed to come out.  Now, Aaliyah fans that moment has come.  Drake’s love for Aaliyah is no secret. The Young Money rapper has shown his appreciation for the late singer with a tattoo and sampled her music on his debut Thank Me Later.  Now he realizes a dream by collaborating with her on “Enough Said.”The understated record, produced by longtime Drake collaborator Noah “40” Shebib, features bars from Drizzy (“Selling under 150, you ni**as gotta be kidding”) complemented by Aaliyah’s haunting vocals.

Drake will reportedly executive produce an upcoming posthumous album from Aaliyah.

Toya Throws Blows on Instagram … at K.Michelle?

Somehow, K.Michelle and Toya Wright are finding ways to keep the same dramatic stories in circulation by causing more drama.For weeks, the reality stars been going at it via the ‘net over basically some dumb ish.

On Wednesday, Toya posted an Instagram message that read: “Shut up yOu hatin’ Azz And keep me Out Of yOur mOuth Cus i aint a D*ck!!”

Harsh words, but it’s not certain who that message was meant for, although we’re reasonable sure it for K. Michelle.

The message seems to be linked to a recent “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta” fiasco.

“If you ain’t in the room you need to shut the f_C# up. I don’t care if that’s your husband or not ’cause at the end of the day, you look d!ck drunk. You need to be quiet because I never came for you.”

This drama isn’t new. The ladies have been going at it since the show premiered, likely because they both have had relations with the same man, MeMpHiTz, and K.Michelle alluded at one point that dude is abusive.

Tameka Raymond Releases a Statement

Over the past few days rumors spread that Usher and his ex-wife Tameka Raymond were moving forward with their bitter child custody battle despite Tameka burying her 11 year old son Kile Glover last week.

Tameka has released a statement addressing the situation.

Tameka tells Global Grind,

To begin, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to the countless number of people who opened their hearts, extended their prayers, well-wishes and remained hopeful for my son Kile during the last weeks of his life. I truly believe that he has always been an Angel from birth and the World was just too small to contain a spirit so vast. I’m thankful and blessed to merely be the vessel that carried him and humbled that God gave him to us to love. I also feel humbled by everyone’s show of concern, and knowing that Kile Glover touched the lives of so many has given me strength during my worst & darkest hour … Again I THANK YOU ALL!

Sadly, I remain in the unfortunate position of having to respond to and attend court proceedings that were not initiated or begun by me. I did not file this custody case (January 2011) and was content with the ‘joint custody’ arrangement that we share. Most importantly, nor do I wish to appear in court while I am mourning the loss of my son. But I do not want to delay thus prolong these proceedings either; I’d rather continue this arduous process hoping it will help move me through this most difficult period in my life. People seem to be privy to only my filed responses as ‘Defendant’ to the initiation of this case (Jan 4, 2011), when I have only been defending myself and protecting the best interests of my children through my counsel. I cannot control how the media reports are written/slanted/spun or even how court documents may be manipulated in their attribution of certain statements as if they are direct “quotes” from me- yet I can control what I actually say myself.

This may sound really cliché but you must NOT believe everything you read or hear and never judge… especially without solid facts and always, but always consider the source. Discernment is key. My boys are my entire world and I will fight tooth and nail to keep all of my sons together as a family, I pray for a swift, peaceful resolution so that we all can move forward.

Again, thank you for your concern, positive energy and hope for my family during this surreal time. There have been times when just the right words, at the right time, have provided me shelter through this storm and I appreciate you all. Please continue to keep us in your prayers.

With Love & Light,

Tameka Foster Raymond

Drake Plans to Get High School Diploma This Summer

Instead of spending his summer holed up in the studio, Drake is hitting the books. The Young Money rapper has shared plans to get his high school diploma.

 While he’s topped the charts and sold out concerts across the globe, Drizzy is still determined to complete his education. “I’m actually spending my summer graduating high school,” he told Toronto’s NOW Magazine. “That’s my main focus after OVO Fest. I only have one credit left, and I’m really excited about that.”

The Canadian superstar will headline the 3rd Annual OVO Fest in Toronto on Sunday with guests A$AP Rocky, 2 Chainz, and The Weeknd. In the past, the festival has featured surprise performances from Eminem, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, and Stevie Wonder.

I don’t want people to just come for the surprise guests, but at the same time I do put in a lot of effort and take a lot of pride in the friends that I can call up to travel to our city,” he said. “I don’t really call on too many people for favors, but for this one night I do.”

He also spoke about the evolution of R&B with newer acts like Frank Ocean and his fellow Canadian The Weeknd. “Surface R&B doesn’t work any more,” explained the 25-year-old. “The whole heartthrob thing, songs about unrealistic love and tearing your shirt off every show—that’s not really where it’s at any more. It’s becoming harder for those guys to sell records, and harder for them to succeed.”

Beyoncé, Lil Wayne, & Nicki Minaj Congratulate Olympic Gold Medalist Gabby Douglas

Gabby Douglas made history by becoming the first African-American gymnast to win the individual all-around gold medal and a team gold at the London Olympics. With her beaming smile and charming personality, the 16-year-old Virginia native won over tons of new fans including some famous ones. Music superstars Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne, Ciara, Pharrell, Rick Ross, and more took to Twitter to congratulate the Team USA Olympian.

Beyoncé wrote a letter to Gabby on her website, calling her an inspiration. Lil Wayne crowned her an “icon” and his Young Money labelmate Nicki Minaj got jealous when she retweeted Weezy before her.

“Oh wow, I tweeted about #Gabby earlier but she responds to @LilTunechi and not me? U know what? Ima fight u. I’ve had it!!!” joked the “Pound the Alarm” rapper. Gabby quickly responded, writing, “Hahaha I was trying 2find it! I PROMISE! THANK U SO MUCH! OMG IM NUMB RIGHT NOW! #SPEECHLESS.”

Read some of the supportive messages below.

 Beyoncé: A huge congratulations to 16 year old Olympic gold medalist Gabby Douglas – wow – what a thrill to watch you take this gold! I can tell you’ve been working hard for so long – enjoy this moment, its yours. Thank you for inspiring all of us!

Lil Wayne: Glad i lived to see what Gabby Douglas did in the Olympics. Icon.

Nicki Minaj: *kisses to Gabby* what an amazing little firecracker. #USA #Olympics

Ciara: @gabrielledoug Not only am I happy 4 U. I’m happy for your family 2! The sacrifices payed off! Keep inspiring Young Girls and Women like Me❤

Pharrell: You are the future, @gabrielledoug Such a shining example of focus, persistence, and execution. And a special thx to your rock of a family.

Monica: Congratulations Gabby Douglas on your Olympic Achievements. Gymnastics Team USA u made us all proud❤

Rick Ross: Congrats Gabby Douglas. Olympic #goldmedalist

Estelle: I JUST rewatched Gabby douglass. Yo. Goosebumps. Every single turn was sharp. Clean. Perfect. Omg!!!

Timbaland: yessir bigups to @gabrielledoug u did ur thang

Mary J. Blige: Congratulations to @gabrielledoug On her 2 Olympic Gold Medals!!! I’m so inspired!!!

Justin Bieber: CONGRATS to @McKaylaMaroney @jordynmarie2013 @kyla_ross96 @Aly_Raisman @gabrielledoug on your GOLD MEDAL. #BeliebersWinGOLD #Proud

Dawn Richard: So happy for @gabrielledoug and her family. God bless them all. Breaking barriers and boundaries with poise and class. I love it!

Ameriie: Go Gabby Douglas!!

Brandy: @gabrielledoug You are an Inspiration!!! I am so proud of you!!! Continue to be the best version of yourself!!! Love you

Beyoncé to Direct and Star in New Documentary

Beyoncé has always been a private person, but she plans to give the public a glimpse into her life in a new documentary.

 According to the Los Angeles Times, the 30-year-old singer and her agents at ICM have been pitching a non-fiction film to Hollywood studios surrounding the new mom’s life and career.

The movie is said to be “a mix of music and personal study, blending concert footage with confessional interview.” Beyoncé stars, directs, and serves as producer. Around 20 minutes of footage has been previewed for distributors.

This would not be B’s first time dabbling in documentaries. She chronicled her return to the spotlight after a brief hiatus on MTV’s mini-documentary “Beyoncé: Year of 4,” which aired in June 2011.

Pop’s biggest stars are turning to the big screen as of late. Both Justin Bieber and Katy Perry have released 3-D documentaries, with Bieber’s Never Say Never becoming the third highest-grossing doc of all time with $73 million.